Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Designer Vegan Deal and Vegan Purchase: Earth Lodge Boots

I've been eyeing these vegan winter boots since the beginning of the fall/winter season, but couldn't stomach spending $159 for them. But now they are on sale via Gaiam for $89.99 in the black and tan versions pictured. Made from faux-fur suede with thinsulate insulation and faux-fur lining -- reviewers say they are very warm. I purchased them in the tan and got $15 off my purchase (of $75 of more) by using the code: EN8B. Find the boots here.

I plan to use them to replace my UGG boots from 4 winters ago, which are the original version of this past seasons' "Upside Boot." The lining inside the boots is matted down and most of the original gripping power of the boots has disintegrated -- so, next winter it will be time for new boots and now I have them . . . on sale! I'll report back re: the actual warmth of the new boots once they arrive.

1 comment:

L.T. said...

I've been wearing these boots for over a year, and commute to work in them most days. Once I got used to the "reverse heel" (and the fact that socks are a must with them!) they became my favorite cold-weather footwear. They are so warm.