Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday's Work-Appropriate Shoes: Rocket Dog Flats

I recently received an email from Piperlime stating that grey and other neutrals add "a rich touch to your look." For the summer, I too enjoy adding a bit of non-black to my outfits by mixing up the color of my shoes. As such, today's vegan shoes are these grey Rocket Dog's "Mystique" round-toe ballet flats. Although they do have a 1/4" defined heel and the pleated detailing, making them work-appropriate in my opinion, they definitely are for more casual work days. Perhaps pair them with black slacks and a nice button-down shirt or summer sweater. The shoes are made from synthetic leather and rubber. They are $40; find them here via Piperlime.

Also via Piperlime -- although most likely not work appropriate, I thought I would point out these Blowfish "Zandu" high shaft slouchy boots. They boast an interesting drawstring at the back of the shaft. Made from fabric lining, textile outer, and a synthetic sole -- vegan! I'm not sure how wearable they are in the summer heat, but they'll be great as summer transitions into fall. The boots come in the pictured "bark" and black; they are $75; find them here.

No comments: