(1) Joie "Fara" Plaid Tuxedo Shirt: plaid shirts have been appearing all over magazine covers lately. I'm not sure if this shirt's ruffles combined with the plaid is a bit too much, although I saw it in Nordstrom and it seemed to work. The shirt is made from cotton and comes in the pictured "potion" plaid; in store, it also is available in a white-black-brown-gray plaid color combo. Originally $188, it is on sale for $109.90.
(2) Classiques Entier Drape Neck Sheath Dress: a folded collar with a sophisticated bow adds a unique look to this sheath dress; the cap sleeves are a perfect combination of the current sleeve-less look with an added bit of fabric for a more conservative look. The dress is made from polyester, viscose, and spandex, and comes in the "menswear-inspired" black multi color. Originally $228, it is on sale for $149.90.
(3) Semantiks Ruffle Pocket Cardigan: this deep v-cardigan with un-obtrusive ruffling at the pockets comes in "regular" and petite sizes in a variety of colors including the pictured "paris purple." The sweater is made from rayon and nylon. Originally $68, it is on sale for $39.90.
(4) Foxcroft Fitted Shirt: classic crisp white button-down shirt in a feminine "fitted" fit with pleats and princess seams. The shirt is made from cotton, and is of the "no-iron" variety. Originally $68, it is on sale for $44.90. The Nordstrom sale also features a bunch of other Foxcroft shirts, most with patterns or texture; find them all here.
(5) Kristen Blake Iridescent Quilted Coat: I particularly like the huge pockets on this shiny quilted water-resistant coat. It comes in the pictured pewter and a bronze, and in "regular," petite, and plus sizes. The coat is made from polyester and nylon, and has polyester lining. Originally $150, it is on sale for $89.90.
(6) And, finally, something for men: Façonnable Cotton Jacket: this lightweight zip-up jacket made from cotton is perfect for weekend excursions or more casual days traveling to and from the office. It is lined with the ever-popular plaid. The sweater jacket comes in the pictured navy and a dark-ish tan. Originally $295, it is on sale for $199.90.