Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday's Work-Appropriate Clothing Item: Banana Republic Non-Iron Short Sleeve Shirt

Banana Republic's basic button-down shirt in a summery short-sleeve version that hits at the hip -- long enough to tuck neatly into suit pants or skirts. The shirt comes in the right pictured "summer orchid," an "imperial blue," and a classic white. Made from 100% cotton, but still incorporating the ever-popular and important non-iron technology. The shirt is $60; find it here.

Banana Republic (and Gap, Old Navy, and Athena) is holding a 30% off special -- 30% off your entire order, one time use -- 4 days (now through Sunday, August 2). If purchasing online, use code: MNNBGYY6WNXQ.

Since Banana Republic is holding a sale, I thought I'd briefly highlight a few more items:
(1) Linen/cotton embroidered blouse (pictured left): white blouse made from a blend of 2/3 linen and 1/3 cotton; I love the puffed sleeve, ruffled collar, and pleating at the bust-line. I think the blouse is work-appropriate for a casual environment, although it might be most appropriate on the weekend. The blouse is $60.

(2) Classic non-iron shirt: exactly like the short sleeve one above, but with long sleeves. Available in cerise, shark grey, ice blue, and lady slipper (my favorite). Depending on color, the shirt is $44.99 or $59.

(3) Martin skinny pant (pictured right): the skinny jean finally has made it to (semi-)work-appropriate pants. These pants are made from rayon, cotton, and elastane. They come in the pictured black and silky coal. I would pair them with a button-down shirt to make them seem a bit more work-appropriate. The pants are $90.

2 comments:

CBrownColors said...

Hi,

what a little gem of a blog you have here! I'm a vegan in the financial industry. I'm about to go have dinner with two of my bosses and was looking up clever ways of diffusing a potentially uncomfortable conversation over what I'm eating tonight and stumbled across this. bookmarking now! :-)

Anonymous said...

I like all those collections where can I buy this online?


Laby[grey suits]