Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday's Work-Appropriate Clothing Item: Burberry Pants

In its Sunday book review, the New York Times reviewed a book I now really, really want to read: Cheap: The High Cost of Discount Culture by Ellen Ruppel Shell. I admit, I shop at discount chain stores, my favorites being Target and H&M, though I try to stay away from Wal-Mart. Sometimes I find (semi-)good clothing at these stores, but the best clothing always comes from higher-end designers, so if I can front the money, I will buy select items and wear them for years and years (instead of weeks and weeks). In short, I fully agree with (at least) one of the premises of the book.

While on the subject of high-end, pricey designer clothing, I thought I'd make today's work-appropriate clothing item on the pricey, long-lasting side. These nutmeg colored Burberry cotton pants are perfect for more business casual days, and, obviously, for the weekend. Pair them with a button-down shirt or a cardigan set for work, or a polo or t-shirt for the weekend. I especially like the button-detailed pockets in the back and the widening legs. They are $275; pre-order them from Saks here.

No comments: