Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's Work-Appropriate Bag: Stella McCartney

Via a wonderful comment from a reader informing me that Yoox has some Stella McCartney handbags on sale -- and, wow, Yoox has a bunch of great bags on sale. I had a hard time choosing which one to post, so I'm posting a few.

First, I greatly enjoy this white "large fabric bag" made from cotton and canvas. It's bigger than it looks -- 11" high, 16" wide, and 7" deep -- perfect for use as a fashionable summer briefcase. Originally $295, Yoox has it on sale for $149. Find it here.

Second, I am really taken by this faux shiny patent leather tote-ish handbag in the pictured beige (that would match a pair of Steve Madden vegan pumps I picked up a couple months ago). It's also made from vegan materials, of course, and is slightly smaller than the above fabric bag. My favorite feature is the zipper and logo pendant details on the front. Originally $730, Yoox has it on sale for $365. Find it here. The bag also comes in a coral: same materials, same size, same price; find it here.

Third and finally, my favorite of my favorites is this shoulder bag with white with tan contrasting that is somewhat of a combination of the above two bags. The bag is made from cotton and faux leather (even though Yoox says its "leather," as I understand, no Stella McCartney bags use real leather). Originally $590, Yoox has it on sale for $295. Find it here.

No comments: