Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday's Work Appropriate Clothing Item: "Shop Around The Corner" Top

The delicate pleats, the fluffy arms, the bib collar, the light pink color, and, of course, the large tie-like bow at the neck make this top perfect to wear under suits, with a skirt, and/or out at night with skinny jeans. It's conservative, yet feminine and sassy. The top is 100% polyester. And at $34.99, buying the top won't break the bank. It's available through ModCloth (one of my favorite online stores) here.

If you're not into the pink or the short sleeves, check out this "sugar and spice" blouse also via ModCloth (pictured right). Also made from 100% polyester, I particularly enjoy the bow/tie-combo neckline. However, I'm not sure about the buttons up the sheer back that shows off the accompanying cami underneath. The back might make me wary of removing my jacket in the office during the day. Originally $69.99, it's on sale for $52.49 (25% off).

No comments: