Friday, November 7, 2008

Banana Republic "Faux Silk" Blouses

Is there such a thing as "faux silk"? If so, I think it's called rayon. I love silk blouses because they wear well under a full suit and, in my opinion, look more conservatively professional when a suit jacket is removed. They also add a bit of excitement to an otherwise boring wardrobe of dark suits and cotton button-down shirts. But silk is not vegan, and it is very hard to find a non-silk blouse that looks almost as good as its silk alternatives.

However, as highlighted by Corporette, Banana Republic currently is offering a few blouses made from rayon; a couple of these few look very nice in my opinion. Corporette recommends this dot-print blouse in the "dried morello" color. I like it better in the "pine" color (pictured right), especially in light of the impending holiday season. At $69, it is a bit more than I would like to pay for a blouse, but, then again, it's hard to find non-silk professional-looking blouses.

I also love this "cocoon" colored bow-tie pleated blouse (pictured left), also from Banana Republic (under its BR Monogram label). It's also 100% rayon, but at $125, it's really more than I am willing to pay . . . but it's fun to consider. It also comes in this "coal" color version, which looks to me like a deep purple print, and which has a smaller bow-tie at the collar.

3 comments:

jm818588 said...

"faux silk" is aka "Rayon!" priceless

Janice Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boy labyog said...

Nice model also fashion suits better to your model.