Saturday, December 20, 2008

Last Minute Vegan-Friendly Gifts

I'm wrapping up (literally and figuratively) my holiday shopping this afternoon. A few ideas for last minute vegan-friendly gifts:

Bluefly has guaranteed Christmas delivery (2-day shipping) and it's free to upgrade to it. Also, today and tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday), Bluefly is offering an extra 10% off when you spend $100; an extra 15% off when you spend $200; and an extra 20% off when you spend $300 or more.

For women, I like this Free People "Grandpa" v-neck sweater (pictured left in the black). It looks super cozy, but very feminine and slightly dressy with the deep v-neck. I think it would be great to keep in the office as an alternative to your jacket while working at your desk . . . or simply for when it is freezing in the office. It's made from 100% cotton. Originally $108, it is on sale for $65. In addition to the black, it comes in silver, raspberry, and dark olive.

For men, I like this Alara dress shirt (pictured right). The purple color is subtle enough not to be overbearing, and I am quite fond of the spread collar held in place by hidden button closure. The shirt is 100% cotton. Originally $98.50, it is on sale for $59.

Amazon.com is also offering 2-day shipping in time for Christmas. For her, I adore this Matt & Nat "Portishead" shoulder bag (pictured below in the available black). Originally $250, it is on sale for $75. That's 70% off; enough said. Here's a link:


And for him, I'm not sure how much I like these, but I know that many men like to golf, and, oddly, many of those men also like to wear Crocs. So, here are Croc golf shoes. I kid you not (see picture / link below). Available in black/black and khaki/chocolate. Originally $39.99; on sale for $19.99:


Finally, Mod Cloth also promises to ship by Christmas. I bought something from their website on Thursday and it shipped mere hours later, so I believe this promise. Mod Cloth has some super cute items, such as this Fine Vineyard Coat for women (pictured right). The deep purple color is gorgeous and will add a splash of color. I also like the "Peter Pan" collar. The coat is made from 100% polyester. Originally $89.99, it is on sale for $67.49. Pair it with this "royalty wrap" scarf. 100% acrylic; $23.99.

And for anyone -- female, male, young, old -- consider the Mimoco Organic Panic Flash Drive (pictured left). Because we all panic sometimes. 2GB; $44.99.

No comments: