Monday, April 6, 2009

A Pelican, A Vintage Poster, And Some Jellies

My trip to Florida was a huge success -- relaxing, rejuvenating, full of walks on the beach, good food at interesting restaurants, and a bit of shopping, of course.

While walking on the pier, I made a new friend -- a cute, potentially older pelican, who I decided was male. The webbing of one of his feet was injured -- a few holes, one entire section missing. I felt so bad for him. He must have known; he came waddling up to me and stood somewhat near me for a bit. I saw him again the next day and let me stand by him again. I took pictures; this one has the best up-close view of his injured foot:

Prior to meeting my pelican friend, I ate at a very interesting restaurant called The Bubble Room. The restaurant has over 2,000 antiques -- quite a collection -- everything from Christmas-themed Mickey Mouses to this rather alarming vintage Coke ad:

Yes, I was quite alarmed: give me of Coke and of course I will have sex with you. So alarmed that I had to go shopping. While shopping I fell in love with these Chanel jellies:

Unfortunately, their price tag of about $300 also is alarming. As they are Chanel, they are unavailable for sale online as far my searches reveal. But they are fun to look at -- and vegan!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That poster is indeed appalling, but aww! Look at the cute little pelican!

Shopping Blog said...

There is not going to links of london uk happen such a difficulty that you can't find cheap links of london bracelet an identical topaz jewelry according to your costume. cheap links of london charms It is monitored that besides the reality that it's a links of london watch uk great present to gift, it's also preferred by many people just for the links of london ring uk sake of an inclusion to their own jewelry collection. However, links of london necklaces uk if you'd really like to satisfy your partner and guarantee that she adores your present on this special date.