Monday, August 24, 2009

Vegan Purchase: Jeans Via Ann Taylor Loft

In the past, I haven't purchased jeans from Ann Taylor Loft, nor have I thought to. Though I usually buy designer brand jeans because they fit my lack of hips better and tend to last longer (i.e. not solely because they are designer), I have stayed away from jeans from the places I buy suits and other work clothing because their waistlines are usually way, way, way too high. But when I went to Ann Taylor Loft this weekend in search of the suit mentioned in my previous post (which was a futile search, unfortunately), I noticed that the Loft was offering $20 off every pair of its jeans and that it had introduced a new "Marisa" fit, which supposedly sat low, low, low on the waist, presumed you didn't develop much in the way of hips, and came in a "trouser" cut that naturally allowed for a slightly higher waist anyhow.

Lured by my lack of jeans, the fashionable and functional "trouser" cut, the deep dark wash that could turn "trouser" jeans into casual-Friday appropriate attire in many places, the buttons on the back pockets (I'm a sucker for buttons on the back pockets of my jeans -- see picture), and the $20 off, I tried them on. Remarkably (and unexpectedly), they fit very well! And they came in petite, with a 30" inseam, meaning I didn't have to get them hemmed. So I purchased them.

The jeans are made from 99% cotton and 1% spandex, which gives them a bit of stretch. When I tried them on, I thought I was in-between sizes. Considering the spandex, I bought the tighter size. It was a good choice: after wearing them for 15 minutes, the spandex loosened and they fit perfectly. The jeans are $69.50; with the $20, I got them for $49.50. Find the jeans here.

No comments: