Monday, August 24, 2009

Vegan Purchase: Jeans Via Ann Taylor Loft

In the past, I haven't purchased jeans from Ann Taylor Loft, nor have I thought to. Though I usually buy designer brand jeans because they fit my lack of hips better and tend to last longer (i.e. not solely because they are designer), I have stayed away from jeans from the places I buy suits and other work clothing because their waistlines are usually way, way, way too high. But when I went to Ann Taylor Loft this weekend in search of the suit mentioned in my previous post (which was a futile search, unfortunately), I noticed that the Loft was offering $20 off every pair of its jeans and that it had introduced a new "Marisa" fit, which supposedly sat low, low, low on the waist, presumed you didn't develop much in the way of hips, and came in a "trouser" cut that naturally allowed for a slightly higher waist anyhow.

Lured by my lack of jeans, the fashionable and functional "trouser" cut, the deep dark wash that could turn "trouser" jeans into casual-Friday appropriate attire in many places, the buttons on the back pockets (I'm a sucker for buttons on the back pockets of my jeans -- see picture), and the $20 off, I tried them on. Remarkably (and unexpectedly), they fit very well! And they came in petite, with a 30" inseam, meaning I didn't have to get them hemmed. So I purchased them.

The jeans are made from 99% cotton and 1% spandex, which gives them a bit of stretch. When I tried them on, I thought I was in-between sizes. Considering the spandex, I bought the tighter size. It was a good choice: after wearing them for 15 minutes, the spandex loosened and they fit perfectly. The jeans are $69.50; with the $20, I got them for $49.50. Find the jeans here.

1 comment:

justin adams said...

This specific Payday/Installment property loan can assist you mistreatment persons explosive fees or even this specific explosive explosive abrupt emergency. should you've got having getting some style of expenditures that may can’t hold on tight until check cashing place corona eventually your individual future pay day progress can happen, embrace to help you America ALL day cash upgrades along side utilize all of our Payday/Installment property loan to induce loaned simply the amount of to induce smart.