Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday's Vegan Accessory: Iced Coffee

Another (another!) heat wave is hitting where I live. This morning, the doggie woke me up at 4:30, 5:30, and then finally 6:30 -- when I actually got up --to advise me of the hot weather situation. I know it's not actually hydrating, but I love iced coffee on hot mornings. In the future, instead of going to Starbucks and spending a small fortune every day, I think I might try a more economical version of iced coffee I recently stumbled upon at the Lamill Coffee Shop: the Hario iced coffee maker (pictured in all its contraption glory).

To make iced coffee in an instant, all you need to do is put the grounds in a filter and place the filter in the cone-shaped dripper, which rests atop a pitcher with a large ice chamber in the middle. Then pour hot water over the grounds; as it drips, the brew will cool rapidly. Iced coffee in a flash! The iced coffee maker is $30. Find it here. You'll note that Lamill Coffee Shop also stocks a variety of iced coffee maker sets that come complete with lamill coffee shop coffee and filters.

No comments: